Pages

Saturday 21 December 2019

Activity 1: A Long Walk to Freedom


Today l did activity 1 day 2 for the Summer Learning Journey. For this we were to imagine that we were Mr Mandela and we were living at the Robben Island Prison and that we have been given a journal and each night he writes in it. I have wrote mine and think i have done a great job of saying how he feels and what he does each day and trying to add a lot of detail. I enjoyed doing this because i could imagine that l was Mr Mandela himself and writing in a journey about him and being him. This activity was kinda hard because i didn't really know that much about so l had to go and search and learn about him first before i wrote this.   

6 comments:

  1. Hi Avalon! Wow, you did great on this activity. You definitely were able to make this descriptive and imaginative. I'm glad to see you active with the Summer Learning Journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victoria for commenting on my blog

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora Avalon!,
    I enjoyed and observed reading your DLO for this activity. You have a great journal. Your images are eye catching which is great. I like how you have explained what you have done for this activity.

    Great Work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Avalon!

    Your journal entry really captivated me. How difficult did you find this activity?

    - Riiana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Avalon,

    I hear that you like reading, have you been able to pick up any books to read during these holidays? If so what book(s) are you reading?

    Woweee! Another amazing blog post! You have done exactly what the activity has asked you to do and you have done it in a very academic manner, ka pai! I really enjoyed reading your writing because it made me feel as if I was actually reading a letter from Nelson Mandela himself. It is amazing to think that if people like Nelson Mandela didn’t stand up for the rights of coloured people, people like you and I may not be alive today, crazy right! Love the pictures you have added and appreciate your attributions for them/

    Hope you are enjoying the activities so far, love your work Avalon!


    Ngā mihi,
    Mani

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Avalon,
    I liked how you described the prison, labour and your situation with lots of detail. I also liked how you drew some pictures of someone writing and attributed the picture of Nelson Mandela that you used. How do you think he coped with being in prison for so long?

    ReplyDelete