Pages

Tuesday 24 December 2019

Activity 1: Guiding Principles


Today i did activity 1 day 4 for the Summer Learning Journey. For this i was to read through the seven whakataukī that they gave us to read. Then i had to go onto a document that had different kinds whakataukī’s then l was to pick a whakataukī that had a meaning to. l was to create a poster that had the whakataukī that i picked and be sure to include at least one image on the poster that represents the whakataukī that you chose. I have chosen this whakataukī because it talked about not only i have to go thru things by myself but i can bring my strengths and talents of my family tribe and ancestors. I really enjoyed learning and reading about different whakataukī’s and even better picking one that i felt a connection towards. 

5 comments:

  1. Hello Avalon!

    This is a great choice of metaphor. That's awesome that you felt connected to this one in particular.

    Kind regards,
    Riiana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Avalon!
    I have read your blog post and it is amazing. I like the whakatauki you chose. I chose a different one but I can relate to it as well.
    Keep it up!
    Blog you later!
    ~ Florence

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morena Avalon! This is was a great Whakatauki choice, talking about family and ancestors. I would like to know what this means to you personally? - Because we all have our own understanding of things. I think the main idea I take from your Whakatauki is that I stand with my people or representing who I am and my family. This is a really good poster, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morena Avalon! I’m back! I can see blue skies outside the window! Maybe summer’s actually here?

    Thank you for a great post! This is such an awesome activity to read. I think you’ve chosen a very special whakataukī to make into a poster. Family, tribes and ancestors are especially important to future success! I also think you’ve done a lovely job presenting this poster! Well done on your Image Attribution. Ka pai on all your effort with this blog post!

    What tribe do you belong to?

    Keep up the great blogging!

    Ngā mihi,
    Olive

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Avalon,
    I liked how you said that you chose the quote "I bring with me not my own strengths but bring with me the gifts, talents and strengths of my family, tribe and ancestors." because it felt like you had a connection towards it. Do you know any inspirational or motivational quotes like that?

    ReplyDelete