Pages

Monday 28 May 2018

Leap of faith

Leap of faith
I woke up wanting to soar across that lake of rhythm. I was afraid and my heart was
pounding hard. A strong wind rushed past, butterflies looped over my head and
beetles scuttled alongside bouncing grasshoppers. I was standing with one leg high
on that brown rotten branch. I spread my wings, held my breath and leapt into the air.
I was so excited to feel that fresh air as I glided high in the breeze.


My soft furry wings gilding throw the warm air and the sun shining high. As l was flying l opened my wide eyes to see food moving.
I was eager for delicious food my stomach was empty.  As a moved motionlessly to
see a worm and insects gliding through the grass. l wanted something to eat. l went
searching and searching for food and l found grasshoppers leaping around through
the green growing wild grass.

I was getting ready to jump and grab one for my lunch, but as l took one foot forward
they went faster and faster. l finally grabbed one and it tasted scrumptious.
I rested and heard birds tweeting away and trees moving side to side.
This week we were writing a narrative about leap of faith. We were using powerful words to make our sentences powerful. l tried to use more words and make my sentence powerful and try and make the reader get a picture in their head. l wrote about a owl flying in the air and breeze and looking for food around. This really helps me how to write a narrative and add powerful words.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Avalon

    I really like your story about taking a leap of faith. Did you image that you were a young owl about to take a it's first flight. Keep up the great work.

    - Nickaela

    ReplyDelete