Pages

Thursday 22 August 2019

Speech - Bringing our phones to school

Bringing our phones to school

Hi, my name is Avalon and l believe we, as intermediate students, should be allowed to bring our phones to school. Making sure we always have them, not using them to go on inappropriate sites, take silly photos or to be mean to other phone users I’m sure is something teachers don’t want to deal with and I understand changing to this rule would take a lot of planning and thinking, but I think its planning and thinking that should happen

Some people believe that having your phone at school will distract you with schoolwork. In my opinion that isn’t true  because we might need our phones to call our parents in an emergency or something. Making this change in our school would be awesome it would mean we would be safer when we are walking to and from school because if something happens we can call someone to pick us up.


Having your phone on you is important for us because we would know we are safe.
Some teachers say no because why would they need it when you are supposed to be
coming to school to learn new skills and ideas to get far in life. I disagree with teachers
because my phone doesn’t stop me from learning.

Finally I want to say that  l hope l have made you think about  allowing us older students to bring our phones to school and in return we can show how responsible we can be with our phones.

This week we were making speeches we picked our topic on what we wanted to talk and persuasive people about l chose to talk about why intermediate students should be allowed to bring phones to school. The thing we worked on was eye contact to our audience when we are speaking so can grab the audience attention to look up at you. Another thing we had to use was expression by using hand movements and face expressions. The key about saying a speech is to have confidence when you speech in front of the class or a little group. My feed back to myself is that l did well on saying my speech to a group l said it loud and clear to my group and they liked it. l need to work on improving on looking forward and make sure to slow down when l speak so people can understand.



No comments:

Post a Comment